Question 466872: Annual profit in thousands of dollars is given by the function, P(x)= -.1x^2+50x-300, where x is the number of items sold, x>0.
1. describe the meaning of the number -.1 in the formula
2. describe the meaning of the number -300 in the formula
3. find the profit for 5 different vales of x
4. graph the profit function over its given domain; use the 5 values calculated in part 3 to construct the graph and connect these points with a smooth curve in Excel or another graphing utility.
5. will this profit have a maximum , if so, what is it?
6. what steps should the company take to prepare for your answer to part 5? Answer by Big Poop(157) (Show Source):