You can put this solution on YOUR website!
I'm assuming this is a linear relation with a negative slope.
I want the vertical axis to be p = percent of present forest
The horizontal axis is years from the present
The points given are
P1 = (20,.53)
P2 = (x,.05) note that 95% removed leaves 5% left
Also I have the p-intercept (0,1) where 0 represents the present
The equation is
note that when x=0, p = 1
The slope is
The question is, when p = .05, what is x?
years answerThis is about 40 y 5 m 5 d