You can put this solution on YOUR website!
Solving descriptive probs may be hard if u dont understand the question first .
Start with these tips:
1)first understand what is given and what we have to find out.
2)note down the important points in the question while answering.
3)Asuming the unknown as X and will greatily help.
4)Remember the formulae of that chapter thoroughly.
5)practice writing formulae at the end of your note book.
These are the basics in solving your problems.
You are in 9th grade so these steps may be boring but there is no alternative to hardwork/practice regarding maths.
see these examples with solutions by me:
1. A triangle has a perimeter of 75 meters. The length of the second side is 5 more than the first side. The length of the third side is double the second side less 2 meters. What is the length of each side.
2. The length of Betty's rectangular garden is 6 more than 2 times the width. I fthe perimeter is 84 feet, find the dimensions of her garden.
3. A piece of taffy 9 inches long was cut into 3 pieces. The longest piece is twice as long as the shortest piece. The medium piece is 1 inch more than the shortest piece. Find the length of the 3 pieces.
4. The perimeter of a picture frame is 50inches. The width is 3 less than the length. What is the size of the frame?
let the first side be x
Then given that second side is 5 more than first side .
So, second side is x+5
From the given data we have that
third side is 2(x+5) - 2.
The perimeter is sum of three side x+x+5+2x+10-2.
---> x= 15.5 mt.
first side is 15.5 mt second side is 20.5 mt and third side is 39 mt.
2. Given that perimeter is 84 feet.
Perimeter of the garden = 2(l+b)
let the width be x
Then lenth is 2x+6
----> x= 72/6= 12.
So the width is 12 feet and length is 30.
Total length = 9 inch.
let the shortest piece be x inch.
Then the second piece is x+1 inch.
Third piece is twice the shortest so it is 2x.
Total length is x+x+1+2x = 9 inch
----> 4x = 9-1=8 inch
---- > x= 8/2 = 2 inch.
Hence the shortest piece is 2 inch
The medium piece is 3 inch.
And the third piece is 4 inch.
Let the length be x.
Then given that width is 3 less , so width is x-3.
perimeter 2(x+x-3) = 50.
----> 4x= 56
----> x = 14.
Hence the lenght of the Frame is 14 inch and the width is 11 inch.