Tutors Answer Your Questions about Divisibility and Prime Numbers (FREE)
|Question 615553: I need help using modular arithmetic to find the last two digits of a big number, for example 142^291 or something. I know how to use modular arithmetic to find the units digit, but not the last two digits. I'm only a beginner at modular arithmetic, and would like to get better at it.
Click here to see answer by jim_thompson5910(28598)
|Question 618067: A positive integer n has exactly 4 positive divisors that are perfect fifth powers, exactly 6 positive divisors that are perfect cubes, and exactly 12 positive divisors that are perfect squares. Find the least possible number of possible integers that are divisors of n.|
Click here to see answer by Edwin McCravy(8909)
|Question 618733: Hello, My Name is Donna and I must say, I am so pleased you have the ratings in the choices viewed. Believe me when I say I truly need assistance with my Math 126 Class. I am eager to learn however as I love the expansion of knowledge at any time!|
My question relates to the working of and creating the equasion I will copy and paste. I am a week behind in class due to MS and Arthritis. Been working with fervor to get caught up.I thank you for any and all assistance you may be able to provide me.
2. In years, how old was the older person when you were born? 8
3. Write an equation that models how old in years each of you will be, when your ages add up to 150 years old. For example, if x = your age and the eldest person was a year older than you, you would write their age as x + 1. Then the equation would be: x + (x+1) = 150.
X + (x + 8) = 150
I can not seem to grasp this fully. My numbers do not come out to 150 and I cannot see what I am doing wrong? Help anyone??
4. Explain the reasoning which helped you develop your equation.
5. Solve for your future ages. Are your answers reasonable, do they add up to 150?
6. In years, how old were you when the youngest person was born?
7. At some point during the lives of you and the youngest person, your age will be three times his/her age at that moment. Write an equation which models how old in years each of you will be when you are three times as old as the younger person.
8. Explain the reasoning which helped you develop your equation.
9. Solve the equation for your ages when you are three times as old as the youngest person. Are your answers reasonable?
Click here to see answer by dragonwalker(72)
|Question 637673: How many prime numbers are there whose squares are less than 250? And please could you explain how you got your answer? I tried finding the number that has a square root of 250 and finding all the prime numbers less then that but that didn't work. I have no other idea what to do to solve this problem. Please help me. |
Click here to see answer by ewatrrr(10682)
|Question 645461: Read and answer each question.|
1. What is the product of 5 and the sum of all the prime numbers that are less than 10?
2.What is the difference between the greatest prime number that is less than 60 and the least prime number?
3. Add all the prime numbers between 60 and 70. what is the sum?
4.What number represents the prime factorization. 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199?
5.What is the prime factorization of the sum of all prime numbers between 40 and 50?
Click here to see answer by Alan3354(30993)
Older solutions: 1..45