You can put this solution on YOUR website!
I need to write an indirect proof for this problem:
Given- AB is not equal to DE & AC is congruent to CD
Prove measure of angle B is not equal to measure of angle E
there is a picture of two triangles facing each other and sharing one point- the tops of each triangle and the letters read from left to right- top left point A, middle point where both triangles meet point C, then next top point is point D, lower right point E, then C again, lower left point is point B.
Sorry if that isn't enought info. but thanks for your help.
1. Assume for contradiction that mÐB = mÐE
2. AC @ CD Given
3. mÐACB = mÐDCE (opposite or vertical angles)
4. DACB @ DDCE (ASA, angle-side-angle by 1,2,and 3)
5. AB = DE (corresponding sides of congruent triangles)
6. AB m DE (given)
7. 5 and 6 contradict each other.
8. mÐB = mÐE (assumption in step 1 is false.)